Last night I had one of those sleepless nights. I’m sure you have had one of these before – After hearing a great idea your mind starts spinning with the possibilities and there’s no way you’ll be able to sleep. I got excited last night about a new approach to Google Adwords that has just might have a lot of potential.
Google Adwords has never really proven to be a profitable way to drive traffic for me (though Microsoft Adcenter has). However several times a year for the past 4 years I have heard a little tip or seen someone use it successfully and have become intrigued enough to dive back in and test the waters again. Each time my testing has been plagued with failure and I have lost thousands of dollars trying to find a system that works.
Yesterday I got a tip, something new that I haven’t yet tried but that sounded promising. And so over the next few weeks I’m going to be running some tests. The problem with the approach I’m testing is that it requires creating a MASSIVE number of keyword targeted ads – a total of over 100,000 ads per niche.
It took me 2.5 hours last night to manually create 400 of the 100,000 ads I need (for the one niche I’m going to test first). There’s no feasible way to create all those ads manually and I’m not interested in spending yet more money on ebooks or software that claims to make money or magically do the work for me. So I am going to program some scripts myself to test the techniques. If it works or doesn’t work I will let you know, and share the code right here on this blog.
The testing started last night. Check back next week for the preliminary results (and maybe a hint about what I’m doing).