Einstein probably the most famous physist of all time. His brilliance changed the way people people think. His theories have lead to nuclear reactors (and bombs), the mind bending time paradoxes, and a deeper understanding of gravity, and light.
He’s also widely attributed to this quote:
â€œThe most powerful force in the universe is compound interestâ€
Einstein was wrong.
The most powerful force in the universe is enthusiasm.
Here are my premises:
- If compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe then nothing is more effective than compound interest for making money.
- If there is another method for making money that works better than compound interest then that other method must be a more powerful force.
- Human ingenuity is what created compound interest. and there is no limit to human ingenuity.
- Enthusiasm either directly or indirectly drives humans to push the limits of human ingenuity.
Here’s the proof:
- If you have enthusiasm then you can push the limits of ingenuity.
- Since there is no limit to human ingenuity and human ingenuity created compound interest there must be something more effective than compound interest.
- Since this thing that is more effective than compound interest is better than compound intereat at making money it must be a more powerful force.
- Since there is something that is more powerful than compound interest for making money, compound interest cannot be the most powerful force in the universe.