Settling for the status quo in life or in business is a sure fire way to disappointment and obsolescence. Without growth there is stagnation. It is therefore important to always look for ways to improve things – everything.
Challenging the status quo is easy. You just need to look for answers to questions:
- How can we make this easier/faster?
- How can I find more time?
- How can I make this better?
- How can I communicate better
- Is there something new that I should learn to make solving this better
In each case you want to evaluate what other people have already figured out for these types of questions. And then take a further step. Can things be improved beyond what anyone else has figured out?
When it matters, it is important to take the time to think outside the box and try to really go deep into finding a better way to accomplish something in a new way. These are chances to make a zero to one leap with your business or your life.